Chocolate seems to be a pantry staple this time of year with kitchen cupboards overflowing with leftover Easter eggs and bunnies!
This delicious chocolate mousse is a great way to transform these leftovers. Whether you have dark, milk or white chocolate lying around, this creamy mousse can be whipped up in a flash.
Plus this recipe is gluten and egg free, making it a perfect choice for families with food allergies.
Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries Recipe
Serves 4 – 6
Ingredients and shopping list
150g leftover chocolate Easter bunnies, broken into pieces
1 1/2 cups naturally sweetened Greek-style yoghurt
Double cream, to serve
Fresh raspberries, to serve
Leftover chocolate Easter eggs, broken into pieces, to garnish
1. Put leftover chocolate Easter bunnies into a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until almost smooth, then set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, put yoghurt into a second large bowl.
3. Fold a large spoonful of the yoghurt into the cooled chocolate, and then add to remaining yoghurt. Beat using electric hand beaters or a whisk until soft peaks form.
4. Spoon into four or six serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight until ready to serve.
5. Serve dolloped with cream, scattered with fresh berries and decorated with leftover Easter eggs.
If you enjoyed this recipe, keep an eye out for more weekly fast, fresh Family Food recipes from Rouse Hill Town Centre!