Run, run as fast as you can, we can’t wait for you to try these gingerbread men! Simple, delicious and purely delightful. These gingerbread men will bring back festive childhood memories.
(makes 30-40 cookies)
3 cups plain flour
140 g chopped butter
½ tsp ground cloves
2 ½ tsp ground ginger
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup golden syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Decorations: We love writing icing in festive colours and various festive cookie cutter shapes (gingerbread men, stars, trees, baubles).
• Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced and prepare your cookie trays by lining with baking paper and greasing with butter
• In a mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until creamy
• Mix through the egg and golden syrup
• Combine dry ingredients in the bowl of a mixer, then stir through the wet mixture. Once it is combined, transfer to a clean, dry, lightly floured surface and knead until the dough reaches a smooth consistency.
• Roll the dough out to about 4-5 mm thick and cut with your cookie cutters, transferring the shapes to your pre prepared tray. Ensure they are placed 2 cm apart.
• Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just golden and transfer to a cooling rack
• Once cookies have cooled, decorate them as you wish with the writing icing.
Energy 392kJ (93kcal)
Fat – total 3.4g / saturated 2.2g
Carbohydrate – total 14.4g / sugars 6.0g
Dietary fibre 0.4g